Greenland Float Bag (1 single bag – IMPORTANT – For a pair please order 2)
(1 single bag – IMPORTANT – For a pair please order 2) 1 float/storage bag designed specifically for your Greenland skin-on-frame kayak. Enter your measurements below.
Please note that each bag is made to order. The “In stock” number below reflects that I have the materials needed to make that number of bags, as opposed to completed bags that are ready to ship.
6 in stock
Looking for a float bag big enough to not flop around in your skin-on-frame or Greenland kayak?
We have developed the best float bags specifically designed to be used in Skin-On-Frame kayaks. Individually measured and sized to fit your kayak and built to last a lifetime.
These Greenland Kayak Float Bags are designed with the input and assistance of Brian Schulz of Cape Falcon Kayaks to beautifully fit his Greenland Kayaks. Enter the measurements for your kayak above and we will set you up with the perfect match! I make each bag one at a time, by hand, in my home “shop”, of US materials where available (I still need a US supplier of TPU Nylon), using 100% renewable electricity plus being as carbon negative as possible growing trees in our 180-acre forest in New Hampshire.
What makes the Greenland Bags different from the Shenandoah?
The Greenland bags do not have the gear storage chamber or the associated roll closure for that chamber. They are simply a sealed float bag. They also have straps on the side to allow you to shorten the bag as needed. And they are lower volume to fit inside your kayak.
- Made of durable 220Denier TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) nylon.
- Heat-sealed seams are stress-tested along every single inch to ensure a lifelong bond.
- A perfectly placed and sized inflation tube keeps the tube out of the way while being long enough for easy inflation from outside the kayak. The tube is also placed far enough down the bag to allow you to sinch the bag down to clear extra-long legs or place gear outside the bag at your feet or behind your back.
- Rounded tip to prevent the bag from catching on your kayak’s ribs while sliding in and out.
- Top-quality 1″ webbing and slide-lock buckles (same as used on ZPacks gear) on the length adjustment.
- Front pull loop made of 840Denier double-coated TPU nylon for superior strength and flexibility.
Measuring your kayak is easy! We need 3 measurements: the bow length, the stern length, and the width at the center of the cockpit.
- Measure the width of your kayak at the center of your cockpit. Try not to wrap the tape around but just go straight across.
- For the stern you will need to start your measurement where the kayak is 6 inches or 15cm wide. Do not start at the tip as the bag cannot reach there. Then measure from the 6 inch wide mark to the back of the coaming for the stern bag.
- For the bow bag measure from the 6 inch or 15cm wide mark in the bow to the point just below where your feet reach.