Center Bag for Double Kayaks
$85.00 – $149.00
A bag for the center area of your double kayak. Select whether you want just a float bag or a combo storage & float bag. Measure the length and width of the area between the stern paddler’s feet and back of the bow paddler.
Need a bag for the center area of your double? This is the bag for you.
These can be made as a traditional float bag to keep the most water out of your kayak during a swim. Or, they can be made with a combination of float and storage chambers the same way as our Shenandoah bags.
We have developed the best float bags specifically designed to be used in Skin-On-Frame kayaks. Individually measured and sized to fit your kayak and built to last a lifetime, our SOF float bags have a unique two-chamber configuration that secures your gear in place during rough seas and capsizes, while helping to fill the spaces between your kayak’s ribs.
These are the only custom-sized storage/float bags on the market. I make each bag one at a time, by hand, in my home “shop”, of US materials where available (I still need a US supplier of TPU Nylon), using 100% renewable electricity plus being as carbon negative as possible growing trees in our 180 acre forest in New Hampshire.
- Made of durable 220Denier TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) nylon.
- Heat sealed seams are stress-tested along every single inch to ensure a lifelong bond.
- Perfectly placed and sized inflation tube keeps the tube out of the way while being long enough for easy inflation from outside the kayak. The tube is also placed far enough down to allow you to roll the bag down to clear extra long legs or place gear outside the bag at your feet or behind your back (for models with storage and a roll closure).
- Top quality 1″ webbing and slidelock buckles (same as used on ZPacks gear) on the roll closure.
These instructions are for the bow and stern bags – not Center Bags.
Measuring your kayak is easy! We need 3 measurements: the bow length, the stern length, and the width at the center of the cockpit.
- Measure the width of your kayak at the center of your cockpit. Try not to wrap the tape around but just go straight across.
- For the stern you will need to start your measurement where the kayak is 6 inches or 15cm wide. Do not start at the tip as the bag cannot reach there. Then measure from the 6 inch wide mark to the back of the coaming for the stern bag.
- For the bow bag measure from the 6 inch or 15cm wide mark in the bow to the point just below where your feet reach.